There are many contraindications when it comes to cosmetic tattooing. It is very important to schedule a consultation to make sure that permanent cosmetics is right for you.
During your complimentary consultation, your artist will go over your medical history, contraindications, aftercare expectations and perform a spot test treatment (at least 48 hours before your treatment).
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding (treatment can be done 6-9 weeks after completion of breast feeding)
- On keloids, birthmarks or moles, or if you have tendency to keloid.
- If you have Cancer, Diabetes, Circulatory disorders, Thyroid disorders, High Blood Pressure (doctor’s note is required)
- If you have epilepsy, an Auto Immune disorder, excessively oily skin, Rosacia, latex or metal allergy
- Iron Deficiency (must be taking supplements 6 weeks prior and 6 weeks after)
- You’re taking blood thinning medication
- Currently on Accutane or other strong retinoids (must wait until 6 months after treatment ends)
- If any skin diseases symptoms or irritation appears on the area.
- Old, dark permanent makeup (If shade is light colored and looking to go darker, MUST schedule consultation before treatment, no exceptions.)
- You have a broken capillary in the eyebrows area
- If you have a sunburn or flaking skin around eyebrows. Avoid tanning two weeks prior.
- After waxing (must wait 3 days)
- After chemical peels (must wait 4 weeks)
- After Botox & Fillers (must wait 4 weeks prior and 4 weeks after)
- Are using Retinol or RetinA (must stop 2 weeks prior)